Canon EOS R6 Mark II Body Only
The full-frame EOS R6 Mark II raises the bar with its unique blend of class-leading performance, breath-taking speed, stability and professional filmmaking features. Master your craft and never compromise – whatever you like to shoot, and however you like to shoot it.
Intense sharpness from Dual Pixel CMOS AF II
Our deep-learning AI delivers even more powerful autofocus. The EOS R6 Mark II recognises and tracks more subjects with even greater speed, reliability and precision.
The freedom to shoot handheld
Shoot long exposures with biting sharpness, thanks to an 8-stop2 Image Stabilizer. Video footage is super steady too, perfect for on-the-go filmmaking and documentaries.
Race ahead of the competition
Setting new speed records, the EOS R6 Mark II can shoot continuously at up to 40fps6 electronically, and up to 12fps mechanically5. Capture the action before you press the button with Pre-shooting in RAW burst mode.
Hone your filmmaking
Use the full width of the EOS R6 Mark II’s sensor to capture superb oversampled 4K 60p video or 6K RAW10. Focus-breathing correction and Detect-only AF make professional results easier than ever.
Extreme performance in extreme conditions
Capture the ambience of the moment whatever the conditions. Shoot up to ISO 102,400 sensitivity and focus in as little light as -6.5EV.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF II: Intelligent subject detection and tracking, including Auto mode that detects the subject.
- 40fps electronic shutter: Capture microscopic moments in time at up to 40fps, with AE and AF tracking.
- 12fps mechanical shutter
- 30fps Pre-shooting burst mode with 0.5 sec Pre-shooting
- Optical IS x In Body IS: Combining lens-based optical IS with in-body IS for up to 8 stops of stabilisation.
- 24.2 megapixel sensor: An ideal balance of resolution, speed and low-light performance.
- Full width oversampled 4K 60p
- 6K RAW Capture using an external Atomos Ninja V+ recorder, via the camera’s clean HDMI output.
- Full HD at 180p: Capture fast action in smooth slow motion.
- H.264/H.265: 8-bit H.264 or next-generation 10-bit H.265 codecs.
- HDR: HDR PQ and HDR Movie.
- Focus breathing correction: Pull focus like a pro, without distracting optical effects.
- -6.5 EV AF performance: That’s less than the light from a half moon.
- Max ISO 102,400 (extendable to 204,800)
- 3.69M dot EVF: a high-resolution EVF that refreshes at 120fps.
- Dual UHS-II SD card slots
- Built in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- RAW processing in the cloud
New Technology Explained:
Advanced Dual Pixel CMOS AF II, with eye detection
The EOS R6 Mark II uses Canon’s state-of-the-art Dual Pixel CMOS AF II technology to focus and track subjects, keeping them sharp as they move through a scene. Using deep-learning artificial intelligence, we’ve programmed the camera to recognise people, vehicles (cars, motorbikes, trains and aircraft) and animals (dogs, cats, birds and horses). The type of subject to be detected can be chosen in the EOS R6 Mark II’s menu, or set to Auto if you shoot in a range of scenarios.
When detecting people or animals, the EOS R6 Mark II first looks for a subject’s eyes, and it’s now possible to specify which eye (left or right) should be given priority. If the eyes can’t be seen, the camera focuses on the face instead, and if the subject turns away for a moment, the head is tracked. If the head isn’t visible, the EOS R6 Mark II will track their body.
RAW burst mode
The EOS R6 Mark II also features a pre-shooting option as part of RAW burst mode, that captures the action 0.5 sec before the shutter-release button is pressed – a great advantage when shooting unpredictable subjects, from tennis players to toddlers.
RAW burst mode shoots continuously at 30fps for up to 191 frames (just over 6 sec using a high-speed card) and records all of the frames in a single RAW file, called a roll. This is recorded as a special CR3 file; all with AF tracking. Individual images can be extracted from this roll using Canon’s Digital Photo Professional software, or in camera, and saved as individual JPEG, HEIF or RAW files.
‘Detect only’ option for Movie Servo AF
A technology shared with Canon’s Cinema EOS family, a new Movie Servo AF option – ‘Detect only’ – has been added to the EOS R6 Mark II, and is similar to the ‘Face only’ feature found in our Cinema EOS C70 camera. When this is activated, if the subject specific in the Subject to detect menu moves out of the focus area, the camera will remain at its current point of focus without refocusing on other subjects. For example, if ‘People’ is specified in the menu, focus will not change if a subject walks out of shot. Traditionally, a camera would then refocus on the background, which is often not what’s wanted, especially if the subject may be about to move back into the frame again.
The EOS R6 Mark II can use digital processing to compensate for the effects of focus breathing – the small, but noticeable changes in viewing angle or magnification that happen as some lenses undergo significant changes in focus. Lenses currently supported, after firmware updates, are:
- RF 14-35mm F4 L IS USM
- RF 15-35mm F2.8 L IS USM
- RF 24-70mm F2.8 L IS USM
- RF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM
- RF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM
- RF 70-200mm F4 L IS USM
The RF24mm F1.8 Macro IS STM supports this feature from the beginning and does not require a firmware update.
Full-frame 24.2-megapixel sensor
The EOS R6 Mark II features a full-frame 24.2 megapixel CMOS sensor, designed by Canon. Working in tandem with a powerful DIGIC X processor, it powers many of the camera’s groundbreaking features and provides an ideal balance of resolution, low-light and speed.
The new sensor is fast, powering 40fps6 continuous shooting. Compared to the EOS R6, this new sensor reduces ‘rolling shutter’ distortion, allowing the camera’s electronic shutter to be used to freeze fast-moving objects. This speed also enables oversampled 4K 60p video using the full width of the sensor, and helps power the EOS R6 Mark II’s extraordinarily quick focusing.
A digital teleconverter provides an instant in-camera 1.6x crop, taking you closer to the action at the press of a button and with your eye still at the viewfinder.
In-camera focus bracketing
When you need more depth of field than is available, the EOS R6 Mark II can deploy focus bracketing and depth compositing to help achieve perfect focus throughout the frame.
After specifying the focus range and number of shots, a single press of the shutter-release button tells the camera to begin shooting, varying focus from near to far as it does so. When this sequence of images is blended together, the result is perfect depth of field for the scene.
This image sequence can now be merged in-camera, creating a perfect ready-to-go result. The feature can also be used as an on-location preview of what can be achieved later in post-production, giving you the confidence that you have what you need.
Depth compositing is great for shooting close-up or macro work when depth of field is limited. It also allows photographers to reduce time spent post-processing images from multiple frames and lets them achieve a result quickly, in-camera.
4K 60p full-width oversampled & 6K RAW
The EOS R6 Mark II can shoot 4K 60p UHD using the full width of the EOS R6 Mark II’s sensor, with simultaneous Dual Pixel CMOS AF II focusing. Footage is created by oversampling the sensor’s 6K output, resulting in superb image quality.
Improved circuit designs are highly heat efficient, allowing longer recording times of up to 610 hours, depending on ambient temperature, memory card space and battery life.
For filmmakers wanting even higher performance, the EOS R6 Mark II outputs 6K RAW via its HDMI output, which can be recorded on an Atomos Ninja V+ recorder in ProRes RAW. This provides more detail, as well as the ability to adjust parameters such as white balance in post-production. Full HD proxy footage can be captured internally to a memory card.
When this function is activated, video is continuously streamed through the camera in standby. Such pre-captured footage can be captured from the 3 or 5 secs before the video record button is pressed – very handy when shooting unpredictable subjects or an unmissable one-off moment.
UVC support for webcam and live streaming
The EOS R6 Mark II can be used as a webcam on PC and Mac computers running video-call apps such as Skype, Zoom and Teams, without having to install additional software. This plug-and-play capability is powered by industry-standard USB Video Class (UVC) and USB Audio Class (UAC) drivers that are built into Windows and MacOS operating systems.
Used in this way, the EOS R6 Mark II provides improved image quality compared with standard computer webcams, letting you look your best when you need to make a great impression online.
A technology shared with Canon’s Cinema EOS family, the EOS R6 Mark II features false colour warnings that give an easy-to-see indication of current exposure levels. Six colours, each representing a different luminance level, are overlaid on viewfinder and viewscreen images.
Recording emphasis and Aspect marker
When the EOS R6 Mark II’s Recording emphasis feature is turned on, a blinking red frame is visible at the edges of the frame when the camera is recording video. In addition, the EOS R6 Mark II includes an Aspect marker option, which acts as a guide to how footage will look when it’s been processed for different aspect ratios, such as 2.35:1 Cinema Scope, vertical 9:16, 5:4, and even Instagram friendly 1:1. This is very useful when shooting footage for social-media platforms, which often require different frame shapes.
More exposure modes when shooting video
When capturing video footage, EOS R6 Mark II users can now shoot in aperture-priority (Av) and shutter-priority (Tv) exposure modes, as well as manual (M), Program (P) and 3 custom setting modes giving more convenience and creative control.
The multifunction shoe, first seen on the EOS R3, is also included on the EOS R6 Mark II, allowing a range of new accessories to be used with the camera. These include the DM-E1D digital microphone and Tascam XLR adapter, for recording high-quality sound, and a smartphone adapter – as well as new Speedlite flashes.
Advanced overheat management
The EOS R6 Mark II is able to capture video for longer by managing the camera’s response to rises in temperature. Advanced warning of overheating informs videographers well before shooting needs to be paused.
Low-resolution standby mode helps reduce the likelihood of overheating when the camera is on standby between takes. Display frame rate and image quality are temporarily reduced, conserving power and extending recording time.
What's in the box?
- EOS R6 Mark II Body
- Camera Cover R-F-5
- Shoe cover ER-SC2
- Strap ER-EOS R6 Mark II
- Battery Charger LC-E6E
- Battery Pack LP-E6NH
- Battery Pack Cover
- AC Cable (EU/SK)
- User Manual Kit (EU)
- IMAGE SENSOR Type: 35.9 x 23.9 mm CMOS
- Effective Pixels Approx: 24.2megapixels
- Total Pixels Approx: 25.6 megapixels
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2
- Low-Pass Filter: Built-in/Fixed
- Sensor Cleaning: EOS integrated cleaning system
- Colour Filter Type: Primary Colour
- Sensor Shift IS: Yes, up to 8-Stops advantage depending on the lens used1
- IMAGE PROCESSOR Type: DIGIC X
- LENS: Lens Mount RF (EF and EF-S lenses can be attached using: Mount
- Adapter: EF-EOS R, Control Ring Mount Adapter
- EF-EOS R, Drop-In Filter Mount Adapter EF-EOS R)
- EF-M lenses are not compatible
- Focal Length: Equivalent to 1.0x the focal length of the lens with RF and EF lenses 1.6x with EF-S/ RF-S
- Image Stabilisation FOCUSING Type Dual Pixel CMOS AF II
- AF System/Points 100% horizontal and 100% vertical with Face + Tracking and Auto Selection modes 100% horizontal and 90% vertical with manual selection and large zone modes2
- AF working range EV -6.5 – 21 (at 23°C & ISO100)3
- AF Modes One Shot, Servo AF, AI Focus AF
- AF Point Selection Automatic selection: 1053 Available AF areas when automatically selected,
- Manual selection: 1-point AF (AF frame size can be changed) 4897AF positions available stills ( 4067 Movies)
- Manual selection: AF point Expansion 4 points (up, down, left, right)
- Manual selection: AF point Expansion surrounding
- Manual selection: Flexible Zone AF 1-3 (all AF points divided into minimum 9 to 999 maximum focusing zones)
- AF Tracking Humans, Animals (Dogs, Cats, Birds and horses) or Vehicles (Racing cars or Motor bikes, Aircraft and Trains)
- AF Lock Locked when shutter button is pressed halfway or AF ON is pressed in One Shot AF mode. Using customized button set to AF stop in AI servo
- AF Assist Beam Emitted by built in LED or optional dedicated
- Speedlite (flash)
- Manual Focus Selected on lens
- EXPOSURE CONTROL
- Metering modes Real-time with image sensor, 384-zone metering.
- (1) Evaluative metering (linked to All AF points)
- (2) Partial metering (approx. 5.9% of viewfinder at
- (3) Spot metering: Centre spot metering (approx. 3%
- viewfinder at centre)- AF point-linked spot metering
- not provided
- (4) Centre weighted average metering
- Metering Brightness Range EV -3 – 20 (at 23°C, ISO100, with evaluative metering)
- AE Lock Auto: AE lock takes effect when focus is achieved
- Manual: By AE lock button in P, Av, Fv, Tv and M
- Exposure Compensation +/-3 EV in 1/3 or 1/2 stop increments
- (can be combined with AEB)
- AEB +/-3 EV in 1/3 or 1/2 stop increments
- Anti-flicker shooting Yes. Flicker detected at a frequency of 100 Hz or 120
- Hz. Maximum continuous shooting speed may
- decrease available with both electronic and
- mechanical shutter
- High Frequency anti flicker shooting for M and TV
- ISO Sensitivity Auto 100-102400 (in 1/3-stop or 1 stop increments)
- ISO can be expanded to L:50, H:204,801
- Type Electronically-controlled focal-plane shutter and
- Electronic shutter function on sensor
- Speed Mechanical: 30-1/8000 sec (1/2 or 1/3 stop
- increments), Bulb
- Electronic: 30-1/16000 (1/2 or 1/3 stop increments up
- to 1/8000 then 1 stop to 1/16000) (Total shutter speed
- range. Available range varies by shooting mode)4
- Shutter Release Soft touch electromagnetic release
- WHITE BALANCE
- Type Auto white balance with the imaging sensor
- Settings AWB (Ambience priority/White priority), Daylight,
- Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten light, White Fluorescent
- light, Flash, Custom, Colour Temperature Setting
- White balance compensation:
- 1. Blue/Amber +/-10
- 2. Magenta/Green +/-11
- Custom White Balance Yes, 1 setting can be registered - From image or Live
- WB Bracketing +/-3 levels in single level increments 3, 2, 5 or 7
- bracketed images per shutter release
- Selectable Blue/Amber bias or Magenta/Green bias
- Type 0.5-inch OLED colour EVF
- Dot count 3.69 Million dots
- (Vertical/Horizontal) Approx. 100%
- Magnification Approx. 0.76x5
- Eyepoint Approx. 23mm (from eyepiece lens centre)
- Dioptre Correction -4 to +2 m-1 (dioptre)
- Display performance Power saving: 59.94 fps Smooth 119.98 fps , supress
- low frame rate 60 -119.8fps6
- Viewfinder Information Shutter speed, Aperture, ISO speed, AF point
- information, Exposure level indicator, Number of
- remaining exposures, Exposure compensation,
- Battery level, Electronic shutter, HDR shooting,
- Highlight tone priority, Multiple-exposure shooting,
- Self-timer shooting mode, Maximum burst, AF
- method, Subject to Track setting, Exposure
- simulation, Drive mode, AEB, Metering mode, FEB,
- Anti-flicker shooting, Still/video cropping, Shooting
- mode, Aspect ratio, Scene icons Auto Lighting
- Optimizer, AE lock Picture Style, Flash-ready, White
- balance, FE lock, Image Quality, High-speed sync,
- Bluetooth function, Wi-Fi on/off, Histogram, Electronic
- level, Focus distance scale in manual focus, SA
- control ring setting, IS system. Audio Level – Manual
- (video), recording time remaining (video),
- headphone level (video), Video recording resolution
- frame rate and compression (video) Rec indicator
- (video), Overheat indicator (video)
- Depth of field preview Yes, via customised button or with "Exposure +DOP"
- ( up to F8)
- Eyepiece Shutter N/A
- LCD MONITOR
- Type 7.5cm (3.0") Clear View LCD II,
- approx. 1.62 million dots
- Coverage Approx. 100%
- Viewing Angle horizontally/
- Approx. 170° vertically and horizontally
- Coating Anti-smudge.
- Brightness Adjustment Manual: Adjustable to one of seven levels Colour
- Tone Adjustment: 4 settings
- Touch-screen operations Capacitive method with menu functions, Quick
- Control settings, playback operations, and
- magnified display. AF point selection in still and
- Movies, touch shutter is possible in still photo
- Display Options (1) Basic Camera settings
- (2) Advance Camera settings
- (3) Camera settings plus histogram and dual level
- (4) No info
- (5) Quick Control Screen
- Modes E-TTL II Auto Flash, Metered Manual
- Red-Eye Reduction
- X-sync 1/200sec mechanical shutter / 1/250th electronic
- 1st curtain
- Flash Exposure
- +/- 3EV in 1/3 or 1/2 stop increments with EX series
- Speedlite flashes
- Flash Exposure Bracketing Yes, with compatible External Flash
- Flash Exposure Lock Yes
- Second Curtain
- Synchronisation Yes via Speedlite
- Multi-Function shoe/ Hot
- Shoe/PC terminal Yes/No
- External Flash Compatibility E-TTL II with EX / EL series Speedlite, wireless multi-flash
- External Flash Control via camera menu screen
FILE TYPE - STILLS
- Modes Stills; Scene Intelligent Auto, Flexible priority AE,
- Program AE, Shutter priority AE, Aperture priority AE,
- Manual, Bulb and Custom (x3)
- Movie: Auto Exposure, TV,
- AV Manual and Custom (x3)
- Picture Styles Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Fine Detail,
- Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User Defined (x3)
- Colour Space sRGB and Adobe RGB
- Image Processing Highlight Tone Priority (2 settings)
- Auto Lighting Optimizer (3 settings) Long exposure noise reduction Clarity
- High ISO speed noise reduction (4 settings) (stills and video) Lens optical correction - Peripheral illumination correction, Chromatic aberration correction Distortion correction (during/after still photo shooting, during video only)
- Diffraction correction,
- Digital Lens Optimizer (during/after still photo shooting only)
- Focus Bracketing including image compositing
- Resize to M, S1, S2
- Cropping of images (JPEG/HEIF) - Aspect ratios 3:2, 4:3, 16:9, 1:1 x1.6crop - Switch between vertical and horizontal cropping orientation - Image straightening - Cropping frame can be moved using touch screen operation RAW image processing Dual Pixel RAW – Portrait Relighting, Background Clarity (in camera) Raw Cloud processing Multiple exposure HDR - with moving subject suppression HEIF to Jpeg conversion (single or batch) Drive modes Single, Continuous High+, Continuous High, Continuous Low, Self timer (2s+remote, 10s+remote) Continuous Shooting Max. Approx. 12fps. with Mechanical shutter, speed maintained for 1000+ JPEG or 110 RAW 1000 CRAW images.Max. Approx. 40fps. with Electronic shutter7, 8 speed maintained for 190 JPEG or 75 RAW, 140 CRAW images RAW Burst 30fps with 0.3 or 0.5 seconds pre record for max approx 191 frames Interval timer Built in
- Still Image Type JPEG: 2 compression options
- RAW: RAW, C-RAW 14 bit (14-bit with Mechanical
- shutter and Electronic 1st Curtain, 12-bit A/D
- conversion with Electronic shutter, Canon original
- RAW 3rd edition)
- HEIF: 10bit HEIF is available in HDR shooting with [HDR
- PQ] set to [Enable]
- Complies with Exif 2.31 and Design rule for Camera
- File system 2.0
- Complies with Digital Print Order Format [DPOF]
- Version 1.2
- RAW+JPEG/HEIF simultaneous
- Yes, any combination of RAW + JPEG or RAW + HEIF
- Image Size 3:2 ratio (L, RAW, C-RAW) 6000 x 4000, (M) 3984 x
- 2656, (S1) 2976x 11984, (S2) 2400 x 1600
- 1.6x (crop) (L) 3744 x 2496, (S2) 2400 x 1600
- 4:3 ratio (L) 5328 x 4000, (M) 3552 x2664 (S1) 2656 x
- 1992 (S2) 2112 x 1600
- 16:9 ratio (L) 6000 x 3368, (M) 3984 x 2240, (S1) 2976 x
- 1680, (S2) 2400 x 1344
- 1:1 ratio (L) 4000 x 400, (M) 2656x 2656, (S1) 1984 x
- 1984, (S2) 1600 x 1600
- Folders New folders can be manually created, named and
- File Numbering File Numbering
- (1) Consecutive numbering
- (2) Auto reset
- (3) Manual reset
- File naming 3 User presets
- EOS MOVIE
- Movie Type MP4 Video: 4K UHD, Full HD (16:9)9
- , Audio: Linear
- PCM / AAC
- Movie Size 4K UHD (16:9) 3840 x 2160 (59.94, 50, 29.97, 25,
- 23.98fps) inter frame (IPB) / (IPB Light)10
- 4K UHD Timelapse (16:9) 3840 x 2160 (29.97, 25fps)
- intra frame (All-I)
- Full HD (16:9) 1920 x 1080 (179.82, 150, 119.88, 100,
- 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25, 23.98fps) inter frame (IPB) / (IPB
- Full HD Timelapse (16:9) 1920 x 1080 (29.97, 25fps) intra
- frame (All-I), Full HD HDR (16:9) 1920 x 1080 (29.97,
- 25fps) intra frame (All-I)10
- Colour Sampling
- (Internal recording) 4K/ Full HD - YCbCr4:2:0 8-bit or YCbCr4:2:2 10bit
- Canon Log Yes, Canon Log 3
- Movie Length Max duration 6 hours (excluding High Frame Rate
- movies, and power and storage limitations ).11
- Upto 5 seconds pre record possible.
- No 4GB file limit with exFAT formatted SD card.
- High Frame Rate Movie Full HD at 180fps, 150fps, 100fps or 119.9fps10
- Recorded as 1/6-speed slow motion movie Single scene maximum recording up to approx 1
- hour 180/150fps 1hour 30mins 120/100fps
- Frame Grab 8.3-megapixel JPEG/HEIF still image frame grab from
- 4K UHD movie possible (HEIF only possible when HDR
- PQ is set)12
- Bitrate/Mbps MP4 H.264 Canon Log Off
- 4K (59.94p/50.00p): IPB Approx. 230 Mbps
- 4K (59.94p/50.00p): IPB (Light ) Approx. 120 Mbps
- 4K (29.97p/25.00p/23.98p): IPB Approx. 120 Mbps
- 4K (29.97p/25.00p/23.98p): IPB (Light ) Approx. 60
- 4K Timelapse (29.97, 25fps) All-I Approx. 470Mbps
- Full HD (179.82p/150.00p): IPB Approx. 180 Mbps
- Full HD (179.82p/150.00p): IPB (Light) Approx.
- Full HD (119.88p/100.00p): IPB Approx. 120 Mbps
- Full HD (119.88p/100.00p): IPB (Light) Approx. 70 Mbps
- Full HD (59.94p/50.00p): IPB Approx. 60 Mbps
- Full HD (59.94p/50.00p): IPB (Light) Approx. 35 Mbps
- Full HD (29.94p/25.00p/23.93p): IPB Approx. 30 Mbps
- Full HD (29.94p/25.00p): IPB (Light) Approx. 12 Mbps
- Full HD Timelapse (29.97, 25fps) All-I Approx. 90Mbps
- Full HDR Movies (29.97, 25fps) IPB Approx. 30 Mbps
- MP4 H.265 Canon Log / HDR PQ: On
- 4K (59.94p/50.00p): IPB Approx. 340 Mbps
- 4K (59.94p/50.00p): IPB (Light) Approx. 170 Mbps
- 4K (29.97p/25.00p/23.98p): IPB Approx. 170 Mbps
- 4K (29.97p/25.00p/23.98p): IPB (Light) Approx. 85
- 4K Timelapse (29.97, 25fps) All-I Approx. 470Mbps
- Full HD (179.82p/150.00p): IPB Approx. 270 Mbps
- Full HD (179.82p/150.00p): IPB (Light) Approx. 150
- Full HD (119.88p/100.00p): IPB Approx. 180 Mbps
- Full HD (119.88p/100.00p): IPB (Light) Approx. 100
- Full HD (59.94p/50.00p): IPB Approx. 90 Mbps
- Full HD (59.94p/50.00p): IPB (Light) Approx. 50 Mbps
- Full HD (29.94p/25.00p/23.93p): IPB Approx. 45 Mbps
- Full HD (29.94p/25.00p): IPB (Light) Approx. 28 Mbps
- Full HD Timelapse (29.97, 25fps) All-I Approx. 135Mbps
- Dual Card Recording Yes
- Microphone Built-in stereo microphone (48 Khz, 16-bit x 2
- channels), external mic or mikes like Multi-Function
- shoe including XLR via Tascam CAXLR2dC
- HDMI Display Output to external monitor only (output of images
- and shooting information, images are recorded to
- the card)
- HDMI Output Camera screen and External Monitor output (no
- recording to the card, camera screen shows images
- with shooting information)
- 4K (UHD) 59.94p / 29.97p / 23.98p,
- Full HD 59.94p / 59.94i, 50.00p / 50.00i
- 480p 59.94p
- 576p 50p
- Uncompressed YCbCr 4:2:2, 8-bit or 10-bit, sound
- output via HDMI is also possible
- 6k upto 60p RAW to Atomos Ninja V+ recorded as
- ProRes RAW or 3.7k RAW with crop Focusing Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Eye/Face Detection, Face
- only and Animal Tracking AF, Movie Servo AF
- Manual Focus (Peaking and Focus Guide available)
- ISO Auto: 100-6400, H: 204800
- Manual: 100-25600, H: 204801
- OTHER FEATURES
- Custom Functions 22 Custom Functions
- Metadata Tag User copyright information (can be set in camera)
- Image rating (0-5 stars)
- IPTC data (registered with EOS Utility or Mobile File
- Transfer app)
- Image transfer with caption (Caption registered with
- EOS Utility)
- LCD Panel/Illumination No/No
- Weather Resistance Yes13
- Voice Memo No
- Intelligent Orientation Sensor Yes
- Playback zoom 1.5x - 10x in 15 steps Display Formats (1) Single image (2) Single image with information (2 levels) Basic - Shooting information (shutter speed, aperture, ISO and Image quality) Detailed - Shooting information (shutter speed, aperture, ISO, metering Image, quality and file size), Lens information, Brightness and RGB histogram, White balance, Picture Style, Color space and noise reduction, Lens optical correction, GPS information, IPTC information (3) 4 image index (4) 9 image index (5) 36 image index (6) 100 image index (7) Jump Display (1, 10 or 100 images, start of burst sequence, Date, Folder, Movies, Stills, Protected images, Rating,) (8) Movie edit (9) RAW processing (10) Rating Slide Show Image selection: All images, by Date, by Folder, Movies, Stills, Protected images or Rating Playback time: 1/2/3/5/10 or 20 seconds Repeat: On/Off
- Histogram Brightness: Yes
- RGB: Yes
- Highlight Alert Yes
- Image Erase Single image, select range, Selected images, Burst sequence Folder, Card Image Erase Protection Erase protection of Single image, Folder or Card all found images (only during image search)
- Self-Timer 4 or 10 sec.
- Menu Categories (1) Shooting menu (2) AF Menu (3) Playback menu (4) Network (5) Setup menu (6) Custom Functions menu (7) My Menu
- Menu Languages 30 Languages English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Vietnamese, Hindi, Romanian, Ukrainian, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Malay, Indonesia and Japanese
- Firmware Update Update possible by the user (Camera, Lens, External Speedlite, BLE remote control, Lens adapter) via card or Camera connect app
- Computer SuperSpeed USB 3.2 Gen 2 USB C connector UVC/UAC support Windows / Mac OS compatible with Zoom, Skype(for Business), Teams , Meet, Webex, Wecom, Tencent Meeting
- Wi-Fi Wireless LAN (IEEE802.11AC/ab/g/n) (5/ 2.4 GHz), with
- Bluetooth v5.0 support Features supported - EOS Utility, Smartphone, Upload to Web14 Other HDMI micro out (Type D), External Microphone In (Stereo mini jack), Headphone socket (Stereo mini jack), E3-type terminal (remote control terminal), Multi-Function shoe
- DIRECT PRINT Canon Printers Direct Print PictBridge Not supported
- STORAGE Type: 2x SD/SDHC/SDXC and UHS-II
- SYSTEM PC Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, Windows 11 (tablet mode not supported) Macintosh OS X v10.12, 10.13, 10.14,10.15, OS 11.x
- Image Processing Digital Photo Professional 4.17 or later, Digital Photo Professional Express mobile app ( iOS only) (RAW Image Processing not DUAL PIXEL RAW on DPP Express moible) Other EOS Utility 3.16 or later (incl. Remote Capture), Picture Style Editor, EOS Lens Registration Tool, EOS Web Service Registration Tool, Canon Camera Connect V3.0 app, Mobile File Transfer app and image.canon app (iOS/Android) POWER SOURCE: Batteries Rechargeable Li-ion Battery LP-E6NH (supplied)/ LP-E6N Battery life With LCD Approx. 760 shots (at 23°C) With Viewfinder Approx. 450 shots (at 23°C)15 Battery Indicator 7 levels + percentage
- Power saving Power turns off after 30 seconds, 1, 3, 5, 10 or 30mins
- Power Supply & Battery Chargers Battery charger LC-E6E (supplied), AC Adapter ACE6N and DC Coupler DR-E6, AC Adapter Kit ACKE6N/ACK-E6, Car Battery Charger CBC-E6, PD-E1 USB power adapter
- Footnotes / Disclaimers:-
- 1 * 8-stops based on the CIPA standard with RF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM at a focal length of 105mm 2 The AF area available vary depending on the lens used 3 The lowest light AF is available with an f/1.2 lens, center AF point, One-Shot AF, at 23°C / 73°F,
- ISO 100 Except RF lenses with a Defocus Smoothing (DS) coating
- 4 Electronic shutter speed 1/16000th not available in H+ mode
- 5 With 50mm lens at infinity, -1m-1 dpt
- 6 Low light AF performance will be reduced when supress low frames is used
- 7 Max Frames per second will vary depending on the battery type, and charge, if Wi-Fi is turned on, operating temperature lens used and file size. The number of possible shots and maximum burst vary depending on shooting conditions, aspect ratio, subject, memory card brand, ISO speed, Picture Style, and Custom Function). The speeds quoted are based on Canon testing with the following settings: Shutter speed 1/1000 sec. or faster, Aperture, Maximum aperture, Flash Not used, Flicker reduction Not used, Battery pack Fully charged LP6NH, Temperature Room temperature (23°C / 73°F). Battery grip Not used, Wi-Fi settings OFF 8 The continuous shooting speed may be reduced by the lens, shutter speed, aperture, flash, flicker reduction processing, subject conditions, and brightness (for example, when shooting in a dark place). When High speed continuous shooting (H+) is set, continuous shooting speed will not decline.
- 9 4K UHD and Full HD is 100%, 4K movie cropping mode is 62% of the horizonal area 10 In High frame Rate Movie mode sound is not recorded 11 If the cameras internal temperature becomes too high the maximum recording time will be reduced
- 12 Frame grab is not available for RAW movies or Canon Log 3 movies
- 13 Although the camera features weather-resistant construction, this cannot completely prevent dust or water droplets from entering the camera. To ensure adequate weather sealing, the supplied shoe cover should be used unless a weather sealed accessory is
- inserted in the Multi Function shoe.
- 14 Wi-Fi use may be restricted in certain countries or regions
- 15 Based on the CIPA Standard and using the battery supplied with the camera, except where indicated. In power saving mode
- Lenses All RF/ RF-S lenses (EF & EF-S via Lens adapters)
- Lens Adapters Mount Adapter EF-EOS R
- Control Ring Mount Adapter EF-EOS R
- Drop-In Filter Mount Adapter EF-EOS R
- Flash Canon Speedlite (EL-1, EL-5, EL-100, 90EX, 220EX, 270EX, 270EX II, 320EX, 380EX, 420EX, 430EX, 430EX II, 430EX III-RT, 470EX-AI, 550EX, 580EX, 580EX II, 600EX, 600EX-RT, 600EX II-RT, Macro-Ring-Lite MR-14EX, Macro Ring Lite MR-14EX II, Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX, Macro Twin Lite MT-26EX Speedlite Transmitter ST-E2, Speedlite Transmitter ST-E3-RT,Speedlite Transmitter, ST-E3-RT V2, Speedlite Transmitter ST-E10) Remote Controller/Switch Remote control with E3 type socket and Wireless
- Remote Control BR-E1
- Other BG-R10 battery grip, GP-E2 GPS receiver (digital compass not supported), Stereo Microphone DM-E1 / DM-E100, Multi-Function Shoe Adapter AD-E1, Multi-Function Shoe Directional Stereo Microphone DM-E1D, Multi-Function Shoe Adapter for Smartphone Link AD-P1 for Android, Tascam CA-XLR2d-C XLR microphone adapter
- Body Materials Magnesium Alloy chassis, outer panels are polycarbonate resin with glass fiber
- Operating Environment 2 – 40 °C, 85% or less humidity
- Dimensions (WxHxD) 138.4 × 98.4 × 88.4 mm
- Weight (body only) Approx. 588 g (670 g with card and battery)