- Monopod with Folding Stabilizer Foot Kit
- Load Capacity: 44 lb
- Maximum Height: 61.4"
- Closed Length: 19.7"
- Sections: 5
- Weight: 2.45 lb
- Carbon Fiber Legs with Twist Locks
- Contoured Tri-Mount Plate
- Rubberized Grip
The Alan 2.0 Carbon Fiber Monopod with DocZ2 Foot Stabilizer Kit from 3 Legged Thing pairs the robust Alan 2.0 Carbon Fibre Monopod with the collapsible DocZ2 Foot Stabilizer to create a versatile travel kit for still and video imaging. The added stability of the folding foot stabilizer enhances image clarity when shooting wildlife, sports, and other action.
The Alan 2.0 Carbon Fiber Monopod from 3-Legged Thing is built for versatility and resilience. It has been designed with a number of enhancements over its predecessor, including the beautifully contoured Tri-mount plate, new Parallel leg twist-lock joints for improved grip, and internal anti-rotation Chicken Lips joint shims for enhanced rigidity and stability. This five-section support can be used for still photos and videography and has a load capacity of 132.2 lb. It is well suited for wildlife, sports, and action photography and can be used where tripods are not allowed or cannot easily travel. Each of the five sections has a twist-lock that opens with a 1/4 turn and has a maximum height of 58.7". The lightweight carbon fibre monopod weighs just 1.3 lb and collapses to a closed length of 17.7", which fits in most backpacks and carry-on luggage.
The reversible 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 thread can mount either a head or camera to the top. A large rubber grip with water channels disperses moisture to maintain a firm hold on the monopod. In addition, a 3/8"-16 socket located at the bottom of the monopod allows a microphone or other accessory to attach, for use as a boom pole.
- 5-section support with a maximum height of 58.2" and a folded length of 17.3"
- Parallel leg lock twist locks open with a 1/4 turn
- Chicken Lips shims for improved rigidity and stability
- The carbon fibre monopod weighs 1.35 lb and has a load capacity of 132.2 lb
- Reversible 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 mounting thread for a head, lens, or camera
- Contoured Tri-Mount plate with three open spurs to attach accessories
- It can be used as a boom pole with microphones or other accessories
- A large rubber grip has water channels to disperse moisture from the grip and maintain a firm hold
- Includes Toolz multi-tool
The grey/black DocZ2 Foot Stabilizer for Monopods from 3 Legged Thing can mount to compatible monopods via its 1/4"-20 threaded mounting stud, but a 3/8"-16 stud adapter is included for monopods with a larger socket at the bottom. This foot stabilizer is designed to add stability to the support, and with its rubber boot friction control creates a smoother pivot when shooting a video or tracking a fast-moving subject. Also, the adjustable ball locks into place, and the foot has a load capacity of 44 lb. This 1.1 lb stabilizer has an alternate use as a mini or tabletop tripod with rubberized feet that add traction on smooth surfaces or a better grip on uneven ground. To store, the 3.5" tall tripod's feet fold upward to a compact 6.5".