- Clearance Item: This item is complete and fully working, with full manufacturer's warranty. The packaging has been opened, and the unit has some visible signs of use.
- Equatorial wedge for Celestron NexStar 6/8SE and Evolution Alt-Az mounted computerized telescopes
- Enables long exposure astrophotography and autoguiding by tilting the telescope’s azimuth into an equatorial platform allowing it to track an arc around the polar axis.
- For beginner to intermediate planetary and deep space imagers
- Captive hardware, tool-less operation, easily adjusts under load
- Hefty yet portable design
- Sturdy latitude adjustment screw with easy to read scale and integrated Bubble level
The Celestron Wedge is specifically designed for the Celestron Evolution and Celestron SE series telescopes with 6" and 8" apertures. The Celestron Evolution and SE mounts use Alt-Az mount tracking to keep objects centred. This is okay for short exposures but longer exposures will reveal field rotation. Using a wedge enables the mount to track equatorially which does not create field rotation. It is a lightweight and portable wedge that is designed for single-fork alt-az mounts. Celestron's Wedge enables beginner and intermediate users to do long-exposure astrophotography and auto-guiding by tilting the telescope's azimuth into an equatorial platform allowing it to track an arc around the polar axis.
An alt-azimuth motorized telescope is certainly capable of taking short exposures of bright objects like the Moon and Planets, but if you want to do longer exposures of deep-sky objects, an equatorially mounted telescope is required to eliminate field rotation so your stars are pinpoints and your objects are nice and sharp. This Celestron wedge will allow you to set up your telescope to match your observing latitude and when it tracks, instead of moving in a relatively straight line, your scope will move just like it would if it were mounted on an equatorial mount. The platform is sturdy to help take long-exposure astrophotos.
Celestron Equatorial Wedge for NexStar 6/8 SE Telescopes
16.329kg Load Capacity
Enables Long Exposure Astrophotography
Captive Hardware, Tool-Less Operation, Easily Adjusts Under Load
All New Hefty Yet Portable Design
Sturdy Latitude Adjustment Screw
Integrated Bubble Level
Warranty: 2 Year
Load Capacity: 16.3kg
Mount Compatibility: NexStar Evolution 6/8/9.25, NexStar SE 6/8
Latitude Range: 0° - 70°
Weight: 6800g / 6.8kg