The Ricoh Theta SC2 is the enthusiast model of the Theta lineup and is perfect for the selfie shooter who wants to capture everything in 360° and in 4K. It is simple to operate and is compact enough to keep in your pocket at all times.
The THETA SC2 is capable of recording 360° 4K video thanks to its use of the same high-speed image sensors that the advanced THETA V model has. Additionally, a supporting image processing engine allows for real-time internal stitching of the 4K video. Moreover, shake correction helps stabilize the 4K image. Up to 3-minute clips of 4K video can be recorded at a time at real-time 30 fps to the internal 14GB of memory.
- Faces are detected and centred in the image—if they're located in a high position in the image frame or are slanted in some way, the THETA SC2 corrects them and brings them to the centre.
- Exposure compensation and noise reduction brighten faces so the skin looks brighter and better.
- Images are processed to smooth skin regardless of whether or not faces are successfully detected.
- This mode combines noise reduction with dynamic range correction and face detection in order to capture shots with low image noise—this feature is intended for use with a tripod
- This preset independently controls automatic exposure (AE) and automatic white balance (AWB) for the front and rear lenses in scenes with extreme differences in contrast
- Highlight priority automatic exposure in dark scenes captures main subjects as best a possible even when they are too brightly lit
High-speed data transfer that is approximately 4x faster than that of the predecessor THETA SC model. The images captured by the front and rear lenses are placed beside each other for a side-by-side display. In this mode, the white balance settings are specifically designed for underwater shooting in depths of 16 to 33', in order to compensate for how colours are capture underwater.
Improvements to the HDR algorithm highly minimized and even removes chromatic aberration and fringing, as well as unnatural effects normally caused by colour saturation. Contrast is high in the highlights. Processing time is 9.5 seconds, a huge improvement over the 23-second time of the predecessor SC model. Three images are composited in the THETA SC2, whereas the predecessor SC model used four images; the result of the improvement is a narrower dynamic range in the highlights.
- Easy-to-Use 4K 360° 14MP Camera
- Internal Stitching
- 4K Shake Correction
- 360° 4K30 Video
- 5376 x 2688 360° Photos
- Face Correction, Night Mode
- 14GB Memory