Vanguard VEO HD2 1042M Monocular with Smartphone Digiscoping Kit
The Vanguard VEO HD2 1042M is a light, compact, robust monocular with HOYA Extra Low Dispersion (ED) Glass for maximum clarity, especially in low light conditions.
This monocular also includes a PA-60 Universal Smartphone Adaptor and Bluetooth Remote Control for digiscoping, which allows you to get closer to the action while giving you the chance to photograph or video your subject on your smartphone.
With this monocular, you can get 10x closer to the action, while the 42mm objective lens, HOYA ED glass, BaK4 roof prism and multi-coated lenses maximise the light transmitted to deliver a clear, crisp image.
Weighing just 325g and fitting comfortably into one hand, or slipping easily into a pocket, this monocular is incredibly portable. This means it's simple to carry with you wherever you go, and ready to use at a moment's notice, offering a convenient alternative to a pair of binoculars.
For use in the field, there is just one long textured focus wheel. This makes it easy and intuitive to focus the monopod, even in cold, wet conditions where you need gloves. There is no need to mess around getting your dioptres right, you simply raise the monocular to your eye and focus in no time to avoid missing any of the action, whether it’s a butterfly on a flower in front of you or a fast-moving object in the distance.
For added stability in use, the monocular has a 1/4" thread that allows it to be fitted to a standard monopod that can also be used as a walking aid, or a table tripod. This makes it perfect to use with a VEO 2S monopod, either on the go or over extended periods in a hide.
To keep the monocular protected, the body is housed in a thick rubber coating and there are covers to prevent scratches on the objective lens/eyepiece.
To maximise the versatility the VEO HD2 1042M Monocular comes with a PA-60 Universal Smartphone Adaptor that allows you to use your smartphone for digiscoping, taking photographs or videos. The adaptor is suitable for almost any smartphone up to 5-87mm wide.
The smartphone adaptor simply slots securely onto the monocular. Rubber grips and a threaded clamp allow the phone to be attached securely to the adaptor, and the textured head of the screw allows it to be tightened/loosened with ease. With smartphone camera lenses being in different locations, and even multiple lenses, the adjustable bracket allows the eyepiece to be moved horizontally and vertically to align the monocular eyepiece to the smartphone camera lens.
When used with a tripod or monopod, you can also use the Bluetooth Remote Control which allows you to trigger your smartphone camera without needing to touch the smartphone, minimising the risk of movement that blurs the photo.
VEO HD2 1042M Monocular:
- HOYA Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) Glass, BaK4 roof prism and multi-coated for maximum clarity
- Compact and portable, weighing just 325g
- 10x magnification with 42mm objective lens
- Focus on objects from just 2m away
- Single textured focus wheel that is easy to use, even in cold and wet conditions
- Rubber housing to protect the monocular on the go
- Waterproof and fog proof
- Protective eye cover and objective lens cover to protect the glass when not in use
- 1/4" thread that can be attached onto a monopod or tripod
- Protective pouch to keep the monocular and digiscope adaptor safe when not in use
PA-60 Universal Smartphone Adaptor & Bluetooth Remote Control:
- Allows you to use the monocular for digiscoping with your smartphone
- Adaptor simply slots onto the monocular eyepiece
- Suitable for almost any smartphone up to 55-87mm wide
- Rubber grips and clamp allow the phone to be attached securely to the adaptor
- Adjustable bracket allows the eyepiece to be aligned to the smartphone camera lens
- Bluetooth remote control allows you to trigger the camera without touching the phone