Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K G2
- Designed from carbon fibre polycarbonate composite.
- 6144 x 3456 sensor with 13 stops and dual native ISO up to 25,600.
- Compatible with a wide range of popular EF lenses.
- Up to 25,600 ISO for incredible low light performance.
- Standard open file formats compatible with popular software.
- Adjustable LCD screen.
- Includes Blackmagic Generation 5 Colour Science.
- Optional Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera Pro EVF.
- Professional mini XLR inputs with 48 volt phantom power.
- Larger NP-F570 battery, optional Blackmagic Pocket Camera Battery Pro Grip.
- Includes full DaVinci Resolve Studio for post production.
- Firmware Update 7.9
- Firmware upgrade 7.9 features include:
- A new focus-assist intensity adjustment slider
- The ability to select between SD and SSD media on the LCD screen itself
If you’re looking for a camera with specs somewhere between the Pocket Cinema Camera 4K and the 6K Pro, Blackmagic Design has just replaced its popular Pocket Cinema 6K model with the updated POCKET Cinema 6K G2. The 6K G2 retains many of the 6K’s outstanding features, such as the 6144 x 3456 Super 35 HDR sensor, an EF lens mount, Blackmagic Raw format, CFast 2.0 and SD card slots, and mini XLR audio inputs. However, the 6K G2 adds additional features and sports the form factor of the 6k G2, including an L-series battery slot and a 5" tiltable touchscreen LCD (at a lower brightness than the 6K Pro, however), but it leaves out the internal ND filters. Simplifying these 6K Pro functions significantly drops the 6K G2’s price point, making this camera just as powerful as the 6K Pro, but more accessible to a wide range of productions.
Like the 6K Pro, the 6K G2 features a multi-function handgrip and redesigned controls that make it easy to operate the camera with tactile buttons, as well as utilize the touchscreen when required. It supports the same imaging features as the 6K Pro, including dual native ISO, 13 stops of dynamic range, support for a wide range of resolutions and frame rates, Bluetooth remote control support, custom 3D LUT support, built-in stereo microphones, and professional audio inputs. The camera also retains the powerful USB Type-C external recording output so you can record to optional SSDs for longer recording times and quicker workflow transitions.
The Blackmagic Design 6K G2 camera comes with a DaVinci Resolve Studio activation key plus a 30W power supply, offering simultaneous battery charging, an NP-F570 battery, a lens port cap, and a camera strap.
Frame guide colour adjustment
- Improved lens control and autofocus features
- Adds support for focus and zoom demands—no longer just for studio cameras
- Gyro sensor information can be recorded into data and DaVinci Pro can use the gyro data to stabilize the footage
Super35 Image Sensor/Dual Native ISO
The Pocket Cinema Camera 6K G2 camera uses a Super35 size sensor, 13 stops of dynamic range, and a dual native 400/3200 ISO up to 25,600 to capture rich images at resolutions up to 6144 x 3456 up to 60 fps
Gen 5 Color
The 6K G2 uses the same advanced Gen 5 colour science as the 6K Pro and URSA Mini Pro 12K cameras, making it easy to intercut 6K Pro, 6K, and BMPCC 4K footage.
Tilting 5" LCD Touchscreen
The 5" tilting HDR touchscreen LCD makes it easy to view and adjust your settings, even when shooting in high or low modes.
Active Canon EF Mount
Choose from a wide array of Canon EF/EF-S-mount lenses
Electronic lens communication with iris, autofocus, and zoom control available with compatible lenses
Mini-XLR Audio Inputs
Professional audio support now includes two mini XLR inputs with phantom +48V power, a 3.5mm stereo input, a mono speaker, a headphone output, and a built-in stereo mic system.
Both the 6K G2 camera and the optional battery grip use widely available NP-F570 L-series batteries
Blackmagic Raw and ProRes Recording
Capture in Blackmagic Raw or ProRes 422 options, depending on your project's needs, and record using the internal CFast 2.0 and SD/UHS-II card slots or via the full-size HDMI port to an optional ATEM Mini switcher for live streaming or output via the USB Type-C port to capture longer clips to an external SSD.
- Up to 6K Shooting Resolutions
- Multiple resolutions include:
- 6144 x 3456 (6K), 6144 x 2560 (6K 2.4:1)
- 5744 x 3024 (5.7K 17:9), 4096 x 2160 (4K DCI)
- 1920 x 1080 (HD)
- Both 2868 x 1512 (2.8K 17:9) and 1920 x 1080 (HD) at rates up to 120 fps
Versatile Media Capture Options
Record internally to CFast 2.0 or SD/UHS-II card slots or capture longer clips using the USB Type-C output to an external SSD
Studio Camera Features
Like the Blackmagic Studio cameras, the BMPCC 6K G2 has a built-in colour corrector that works with the ATEM Mini
- Supports the optional pedestal-style focus and zoom controls
- DaVinci Resolve Studio License Included
- The 6K G2 is compatible with DaVinci Resolve and includes an activation key for Resolve Studio
For full specifications click Here