- 70mm refractor telescope with fully coated glass optics and a lightweight frame.
- Custom backpack included to store your telescope and accessories comfortably.
- Observe in no time with a quick and easy, no-tool setup.
- Accessories include: two eyepieces (20mm and 10mm), 45° erect image diagonal, and 5x24 finderscope.
- Pan handle Alt-Az control with clutch for smooth and accurate pointing.
- Adjustable height tripod.
The Travel Scope 70 is a refractor telescope perfect for terrestrial and celestial viewing on the go. The Travel Scope can view the planets, moon, star clusters and brighter deep sky objects like the Orion Nebula and Andromeda Galaxy at night and with the erect image star diagonal makes the optical tube ideal for using as a spotting scope during the day.
Setting up the telescope is a breeze and will have you observing in no time. Even on your first time out, you can assemble the telescope and its accessories in just a few minutes. The adjustable tripod legs allow you to customize the telescope’s height or place it on raised surfaces like a picnic table. The total telescope kit weighs in at just 3.3 pounds—perfect for impromptu observing sessions or transporting wherever life’s adventures take you.
Manual Alt-Azimuth telescope
Navigate the sky with a pan handle Alt-Az control with clutch for smooth and accurate pointing. Move the clutch in an up/down, left/right fashion to track your object in the eyepiece.
A custom backpack comes with your telescope for you to store your optical tube, tripod, eyepieces and accessories comfortably. With the telescopes’ backpack, traveling with your telescope is a breeze; all the components fit inside of the backpack snuggly.
Starry Night Software
Download Celestron’s Starry Night Software and learn about the night sky, celestial objects, and how to plan your next observing session. Celestron Starry Night Software is the premier astronomy software package on the market, providing resources and knowledge to view our solar system and beyond.
For full Specifications click here