- Broadcast-grade, feature-packed shotgun microphone optimised for on-camera use. featuring the same revolutionary acoustic design as the award-winning NTG5 broadcast shotgun microphone, which delivers unmatched transparency and a natural, uncoloured sound
- Extremely flexible, with an array of tools and features to help you take on any recording situation. Digital switching gives you access to a high-pass filter, -20dB pad, high frequency boost, and safety channel, plus there is a unique infinitely variable gain control that allows you to precisely tailor the output to suit your recorder or camera
- Auto-sensing 3.5mm output detects what device you are connected to (camera or mobile) and switches to accommodate – no more messing around with adaptor cables
- Also works as a fully-featured USB microphone that can be plugged into a computer, tablet, or smartphone, with the 3.5mm jack doubling as a headphone output for seamless monitoring of audio while using the USB function
- Compatible with the free RØDE Connect podcasting and streaming software, unlocking effects such as the APHEX Aural Exciter, as well as a noise gate and compressor
On-Camera Microphone with Revolutionary Design
The VideoMic NTG is a broadcast-grade, feature-packed shotgun microphone optimised for on-camera use. It features the same revolutionary acoustic design as the NTG5 broadcast shotgun microphone, which delivers unmatched transparency and a natural, uncoloured sound.
Add to this an incredibly flat frequency response, highly directional supercardioid polar pattern, and very low self-noise, and what you have is a compact on-camera microphone that contends with the world’s best shotgun mics.
- Revolutionary acoustic design, delivering unmatched acoustic transparency and a natural, uncoloured sound.
- Unique infinitely variable gain control for perfect recording levels.
- Digital switching – controls high-pass filter, pad, high frequency boost, and safety channel.
- Internal rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides 30+ hours of operation, charges via USB-C.
- Auto-sensing 3.5mm output works seamlessly with both cameras and mobile devices.
- Also a fully featured USB microphone with headphone output.
The VideoMic NTG has a host of useful features for making sure your audio is clear and distortion-free when recording loud sound sources, including a high-pass filter to cut rumble, and a safety channel, which records a second track at -20dB that you can substitute for your main track in post-production if it distorts. Additionally, a high-frequency boost setting adds sparkle to your recordings when using windshields and furries to protect against wind noise.
SM7-R Rycote Mount
The VideoMic NTG comes with high-quality shock mounting able to go on-camera or on a boompole. The cable management system with snug slots accommodates all types of cables. And with a sliding rail it the mic can be positioned away from your face when handheld or balanced perfectly on a gimbal.
The VideoMic NTG also comes with a high-density foam windshield and is compatible with the WS11 furry windshield (sold separately). We recommend engaging the high frequency boost when using a windshield, which will enhance detail and clarity in your recordings. And remember, you can use the high-pass filters in conjunction with the HF boost
3.5mm Cable and USB-C Cable
An SC10 TRRS patch cable is included for connecting to cameras, smartphones, and other recording devices. The output features intelligent circuitry that automatically detects whether your microphone is plugged into a TRS input (found on most cameras) or a TRRS input (which most smartphones and tablets have) and switches to accommodate. No need for adapters: VideoMic NTG is smartphone, tablet and camera compatible out of the box.